[Coco] Re: I DID NOT SAY THIS! Re: Need mailing address.

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 22:57:14 EST 2003

Hello Gene

I received a simular message that looked for all the world like it was
coming from EBay. They claimed that they were from the fraud dept. (heh
ironic huh) and to reconfirm that I was an legitament EBay user I had to
provide them with my credit card number under the pain that I'd be
disallowed to trade on EBay if I didn't.. I the site looked real complete
with SSL links.  Showed to the scam to my son then deepsixed it. That was
three days ago and I'm still trading on EBay 8-)

On 12/30/03, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 29 December 2003 12:34, jimcox at miba51.com wrote:
>> I would just like to point out that I did not make the
>> original comment about Pay/Pal-ebay and the 2nd
>> amendment.
>>
>> I believe it was Gene who made the original remark and
>> someone atttributed it to me in a reply.  So don't ask me
>> what this is all about.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Yeah, that was me.  And, its almost as if someone is eavesdropping, I
> got a phishing message, supposedly from support at paypal.com just an
> hour ago.
>
> Now, please pay attention!
>
> THIS IS NOT FROM PAYPAL, ITS A PHISHING SPOOF.  THE PROVIDED LINK SAYS
> ONE THING ON YOUR EMAIL AGENTS SCREEN, BUT THE LINK ITSELF GOES TO
> SOME UNRESOLVABLE 211.63.162.93 ADDRESS THAT PROBABLY HAS NO
> CONNECTION WHATSOEVER WITH PAYPAL.
>
> Sorry about the shouting, but I felt it was important to advise
> everyone that somebody is running whats called a "phishing
> expedition" against the paypal account & password database.
>
> I REPEAT, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!
>
> [snip the rest of the wikipedia thread]
>
> Cheers, Gene
> AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M
> Athlon1600XP at 1400mhz  512M
> 99.22% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly
> Yahoo.com attornies please note, additions to this message
> by Gene Heskett are:
> Copyright 2003 by Maurice Eugene Heskett, all rights reserved.

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                         _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard