[Coco] Re: Wikipedia in trouble

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 23:45:50 EST 2003

On Monday 29 December 2003 14:20, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 10:18 AM 12/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>>2nd admendment
>>
>>right to bear arms.
>
>I think Gene is from the South, as I am.  Most of the South shares
> the same opinion about this.  I'm just not sure he meant to
> directly relate a physical gun to the way PayPal and ebay have
> become one company.  :)

eBay will arbitrarily remove your auction submission if it has
anything to do with weaponry, even if there are active bids on it at
the time they discover it.  They have gotten very take it or leave it
in their attitudes.   So I leave it.  Whats so wrong with speaking
with your wallet, lots of us do.

However, not doing business with them, and standing by while some
criminal attempts to hack their way into your account for the
valuable info in it, is two entirely different things.

And thats why I shouted at the list about it when I got that phishing
message a little while ago.  FWIW, when they wanted my CC numbers
about 3 years ago?  They never got them from me.  I don't think they
have them now and never will.  To me thats basic security about my
financial identity.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M