[Coco] Re: Wikipedia in trouble

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 29 19:05:04 EST 2003

At 02:33 PM 12/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>At 12:43 PM 12/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>
>I have used PayPal since it started, never a problem.
>
>Top notch service for the price. I checked others at the time and some of
>the services wanted up to 20% of the total transaction. So I asked myself.
>Would I or someone else want to pay $20 on a $100 item to use a credit
>card? I wouldn't. PayPal is 3.5 or 4%! Automated, secure as you want it to
>be. Meaning. Watch the people that try and grab your PayPal account. Yes
>it has happened to me but I never answered the Email, just sent it to
>their security department.
>
>My $0.02
>
>Mark
>Cloud-9

Make that $0.04.  I couldn't agree with you more.  It's usually scammers
that use the ebay/PayPal system, and scamees that blame the ebay/PayPal
system.  This is no surprise, the middle man *always* gets the
blame.  Also, finger pointing always points towards the most "loved AND
hated" people.  It's all a math equation.  :)