[Coco] Re: Wikipedia in trouble

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 14:04:26 EST 2003

Hello Roger

On 12/29/03, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 01:00 AM 12/29/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>> Hello jimcox at miba51.com
>>
>> Other than their "anti 2nd admendment" issue, (and I gotta tell ya that
>> I'll have to check to see wha the 2nd admendment says) what are the
>> problems with PayPal? I use it all the time and it has saved (or atleast
>> seemed to saved) me alot of heart burn when transacting via the net.
>
> Another good thing about PayPal/ebay is that there has been no option,
> ever, to download your transaction history in MS Money format. You can
> choose Quicken and other formats. This tells me that they want nothing to
> do with "merging" with Microsoft, as so many other companies have done in
> order to survive. MS Money can use one of the PayPal download formats, but
> it's not labeled as compatible, and nothing is mentioned about support.
> Now, as soon as I see PayPal offering support or forcing support for a MS
> product, I'll know something is wrong. :) It is apparent that MS has tried
> to become part of this wonderful PayPal/ebay system on the'count of
> nothing at all is mentioned about MS. You have to appreciate this.
>
> Also, I really don't understand why some people rebel against growing
> businesses that are making it easy for us to do things that used to be
> just for the "big guys". Now anybody can beam a few bucks to anybody else,
> instantly. It's either that, or you can go stand in the Western Union line
> at your local grocery store. :)

I understand fully why some are reluctant to trust "BIG BROTHER" with their
hard earned dinaros. I too was that way until it became the only way to pay
for shareware other than RegNet, which I also have nothing against. The
horror stories on TV and on the net abound about what *can* happen. Like
another (you?) I have one credit card and a limited fund bank account I use
to perform online transaction through. But I gotta tellya, you *don't* have
to be on the net for someone to take advantage. Someone spent $1,200.00
with my CC acount at a shoe store in NYC without my permission. I suspect
it was a Hotel employee who got my number from a transaction I made while
at the Hotel. The site shall remain nameless because it doesn't matter
where it happened becuase it could happen anywhere. Reminds me of a Delbert
strip I cracked up over a couple years back. Delbert is ranting on and on
about unsafe the net is and how he'd never transact over it for that
reason. He pays his restaurant bill with a CC and the waitress comes back
with his reciept wearing mink 8-))). Also how about all those time we give
our numbers out over the telephone?? Do we *really* whose on the other end?

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                      _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard