[Coco] Re: Wikipedia in trouble

ostro011 ostro011 at umn.edu
Mon Dec 29 13:43:23 EST 2003

Whoa !!  "Total control of your bank accounts"???  They do have the bank
account information for funds transfer, same as credit card companies do
when you pay your credit card bills electronically, but the PayPal user has
to request the transfer.

Also, by quoting internet comments, "41,300 hits", you can prove just about
anything you want to.  I am interested in your personal experience with
PayPal.  Do you, yourself, have any horror stories, or are you just passing
on rumors?

My experience has been positive, but if enough people on this list have had
problems with PayPal, I won't hesitate to dump them if I feel I'm at risk.
So, Neil, what are your personal experiences with PayPal?

Do you pay credit card bills electronically?  Do you file your taxes
electronically?  Do you renew your license plates or tabs electronically?
I do all the above, and in each case you need to give your bank info to the
company you wish to transfer the money.  Are you against all these forms of
modern funds transfer?

-- Steve --