[Coco] Re: Louisiana

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 11:14:28 EST 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 04:03 pm, David Macias wrote:
> What none of you have considered is that authentic Mexican and
> Chinese food require hours of preparation.  Having worked in several
> restaurant for five years has given me insight into the term, fast
> food--it means a short preparation time else the restaurant will not
> be able to survive.  When you do find a real Mexican restaurant it is
> usually own by family where everyone works for free.  A place like El
> Torito is not the real thing.  If you eat there a few time you will
> soon find that there are many items on the menu that are similar,
> just a couple of ingredients changes.  All of their Central American
> items are just the same Mexicans dishes with a different garnish.
>
> Which makes me wonder.  Did I not eat real Australian fare at
> Outback?

Outback is simply an American steak house chain with a Theme.  If there
aren't floaters listed on the menu, it isn't an Ausralian restaurant.
(And if there _are_ floaters listed on the menu, avoid the place --
Australians take good meat and treat it English-style, which is no way
to treat a steak if you still have teeth) (It's not the Aussies' fault,
they learned from the English and the English learned from the French).
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe.  They
hold that the accumulation of money is a great evil and burden to the
soul.  They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their
unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the
risk to innocent people.           -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_