[Coco] Interesting FPGA C64 site

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Dec 28 20:41:46 EST 2003

Jim

much of the early robotics used the 6809 and then migrated quickly
over to the HC11 processors. In fact the MIT Handy Bot boards are
HC11 based. They trend now has been to move over to the HC12
and the 683xx series processors. Most hobby robotics are using the
HC12 now and some are using dragonball and a few others.

So the 8 bit processor has not toally died a uneventful death. Just
that the need for faster processors has maded the HC12 and 683xx
serries a better processor.

james