[Coco] Republishing Magazines

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Fri Dec 26 20:58:49 EST 2003

At 05:50 PM 12/26/03 -0800, tim lindner wrote:
>Some photographers feel that the CD would constitutes a "New Work" and
>thus new royalties need to be negotiated.

This is how I feel. I have notified any publisher that my work was not
included in the original contracts, and they could not re-use it.

I have, of course, put almost all my 1970s-80s computer work in the public
domain (at least in the sense of 'copyleft'), but I would not appreciate
its re-use for a profit, as Nat. Geo. and others have attempted to do with
their authors/photographers.

The articles I have written since the early 1990s were for a publisher who
tried to put them in the online edition. I demanded (and received) a new
payment for each of them.

Dennis