[Coco] CoCo to Apple //e serial card NULL MODEM

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Dec 26 16:53:41 EST 2003

On Saturday 20 December 2003 01:36 am, Perry M Dueck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1. Where would one locate the round 4 pin DIN connector male plugs
> which one would use to construct a CoCo serial cable? Seems Radio
> Shack no longer stocks them/sells them just from browsing their
> catalog and looking around in their stores.

Radio Shack _never_ sold those connectors.  When I built the first (and
probably last) OS-9 timesharing system displayed in an RSCC (the Level
One manual had all those neat hints that it could be done, so I did
it), I cut and spliced Coco printer cables to make a null-modem between
the 64k and 16k machines I used).
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe.  They
hold that the accumulation of money is a great evil and burden to the
soul.  They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their
unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the
risk to innocent people.           -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_