[Coco] EBAY--Not Mine!

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Dec 25 17:40:56 EST 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 03:49 pm, peak at mail.polarcomm.com wrote:
> James
> The TRS-80 Model III was definitely a Z-80 processor. I know
> because I used to work for tandy as a repair technician an
> the model III assembly line at Tandy Advanced Products plant
> in FW Texas.
>
> Eric

The Models 1, 2, 3, 4, 12 were Z-80 machines.  The Color Computers 1, 2,
3 were 6809.  The 16, 6000 were 68000 (and Z-80).  The 100, 102, 200
were 8085.  The Pocket Computers were whatever was cheapest that month.
The MC-10 was 6803.  The T2k was 80186.  Pretty much everything later
(1000, 1200, 3000, Sensation, etc) was various Intel PC comatable crap.

My 1000 TL/2 was put to the curb a couple of years ago.  I've got at
least one example of almost everything Tandy built with a Z-80, 6809 or
68000.  (Still looking for a 16A and a 4D and I wouldn't turn down a
T2kHD).
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe.  They
hold that the accumulation of money is a great evil and burden to the
soul.  They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their
unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the
risk to innocent people.           -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_