[Coco] Re: Portal-9 1.4

William Astle lost at l-w.net
Wed Dec 24 18:37:39 EST 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 jimcox at miba51.com wrote:

> Robert:
>
> Just downloaded and installed version 6 on my Windows 98
> box and it comes up with the "HLA Exception ($C000_0005),
> Memory Access Violation error.
>
> Use said something to the effect that I may have my system
>  set up so as not to allow spaces in pathes.  Been trying
> to look into this, but can't see where to look for this
> setting.

I have the same error come up with Win98se running under Win4Lin.
Everything is default on the installation of Windows. Note that all the
patches from Windows Update are installed on my Win98se installation.

I had thought it was Win4Lin but perhaps not.

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?