[Coco] Embedded CoCo

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 13:08:41 EST 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 12:51, peak at mail.polarcomm.com wrote:
>Mike
>I dont know anything about MIDI except that its Musical
>Instrument Digital Interface right??
>About ACIA's though,I could interface those.
>What particular ACIA? Is it a "6526"?

Usually they use a 6551 for that.  However, I'd look for a later
version I think, unless flow controls aren't a high priority.  The
6551 stops in its tracks, in mid-byte when cts goes down.  There's a
hardware cut and paste fix for that for the rs-232 packs.  I think I
found it on John Kowalski's site.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M