[Coco] Re: Louisiana

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Tue Dec 23 15:43:15 EST 2003

On Dec 23, 2003, at 7:46 AM, Richard E. Crislip wrote:

> Heh.. yeah, I talked to Nick about the Outback during Pennfest 2000
> and he
> confirmed my suspicions then that the Outback was what you very
> accuratly
> described it to be. Not very Aussie authentic at all. But then, after
> my
> trip to China I've concluded that most Chinese restaraunts weren't
> either
> 8=). I suspect that the same would also hold true for Mexican
> restaurants
> as well. 8-))) Especially the one I saw on a back street in Bejing!
> Regards

Mexican restaurants generally serve Tex-Mex.  American Chinese
restaurants have two problems, they serve Americanized dishes and they
serve from a peculiar cross section of cross-section of Chinese
cuisine.  In certain places it can be possible to find more authentic
ethnic cuisine.  Actually this situation was getting better as
Americans became more cosmopolitan.