[Coco] Louisiana

David Macias dmacias666 at LABridge.com
Tue Dec 23 13:32:09 EST 2003

I always enjoyed the way Boisy said onion. :)

David Macias
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roger Taylor
  To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
  Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 11:21 AM
  Subject: Re: [Coco] Louisiana

  Aussies, try to decypher a little Southern Louisiana slang.

  Now when you get don to Nawlins and around der in dat nekka de woods you know?, you gonna be eatin some of de finest food dis side of de river, I'm tellin *you*.  Man, der'll be a whole lotta tail poppin goin on round *here*, and don't fah-get about de Mardi Gras you know, we got some of de best food you'll evva sink your teeth into.  You gonna be slappin yer Mama.  Whooweee!

  ..
  gotta love it, the Cajun tounge

  My last batch of crawfish I got from a nice Cajun man and wife was cooked "the right way" as he called it.  And I remember laughing when he said, "nah if dey don't taste good, don't go tellin anybody... and I t'rew in some extras"  The extras turned out to be a bunch of huge claws, lucky for me.  :)

  If you want to hear how they talk, find the Justin Wilson web site. Use keywords like "cook", "Louisiana", "food", etc.  He used to greet you with a spoken clip, "hi yall are?" and you could click on other famous sayings of his.  I miss watching his show.

  Boisy, I hope you're reading this.. I think I'm coming down to Mardi Gras with the owners of Gabbeauxs restaruant and about 8 other people, if that last name rings a bell.  Can we say, "uh oh?"  :)  Since they are from there, I feel a little safer.

  Roger Taylor