[Coco] talk funny

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 13:34:15 EST 2003

Roger Taylor wrote:

> At 09:04 PM 12/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> Roger Taylor wrote:

>>> Ah.... road rage in our city.  I could tell stories, but I'm sure we
>>> all know about how bad it can get.
>>
>> What is road rage?  I live too close to Boston, MA where everyday
>> driving is considered a contact sport.  I haven't figured out when
>> the playoffs begin yet. :)
>

> I'm trying to figure out when the whole road rage concept went
> nationwide.  I mean, I didn't grow up seeing it.  It seems like they
> started talking about it on the news one day and they kept on and on
> until everybody said, "hey, it's going on everywhere, we might as well
> do it too!"  I don't know.  Nobody wants to be "in line" anymore.  No
> matter how fast you're going, somebody behind you will need to be
> going 10 mph faster.  :)

> Roger Taylor

Then there's the opposite extreme, Roger.  That's when you want to relax
and take the slow lane, and find that there are always a few that want
to go 5-10 mph under the speed limit.  Up here in the Northeast corrider
on I-95, trying to blast yourself into another lane to get around them
is  just as unnerving as bumper to bumper at 75.  Driving seems to be a
no win situation unless you carefully plan your route and time of
travel.  Then there's upstate NE .... aaaaahhh ... don't relax too much
and fall asleep.

Griz