[Coco] Louisiana

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 22 23:54:42 EST 2003

At 08:49 PM 12/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Aussies and Kiwis have no problem with most dialects because we used
>to see about 50% US and 50% UK films. But I've seen UK shows where
>they were speaking English but they had subtitles for you
>Yanks who couldn't follow it!!

A Kiwi is a small fruit here in the U.S. :)  What's a Kiwi?

>Don't forget, many of the stars from the Antipodes can mimic a US or
>a mid Atlantic accent quite well.
>
>Now you try, "Garndarnthupitchesthusarvo?"
>
>Neil

I have no clue, honestly.  Please translate that for me.  :)

Also, U.S. folks can mimick any other country as well and can even fool
somebody from that country.  Oh, and we have the Outback Steeakhouse here
in Monroe which is Aussie-based.  The commercials are spoken in Australian
with Aussie jingles and they say the atmosphere is Aussie.  It's a very
nice and popular restaurant.  We even have some Australians living in our city.

Roger Taylor