[Coco] talk funny

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 14:02:23 EST 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roger Taylor

  Ah.... road rage in our city.  I could tell stories, but I'm sure we all know about how bad it can get.

  About the only thing I don't like about the South is the public image showdown.  It has gone bizerk.

  Down here, everybody owns the road, since they "pay taxes", and everybody's trying to "out do" everybody else on the road.  Preachers, teachers, kids, CEOs... it doesn't matter.

  This particular attitude was notice here in Houston back in the seventies as the population of Houston began to increase while the population of the north began to decrease.

    And the Hummers are showing up more and more here.  It looks like a da*n war zone.  Forget about how cheap they make them for the public, and how different they look compared to a *real* Hummer; it's still a "Hum V.

  While I don't like the idea, I have to admit that this is a Texas attitude, my horse is bigger than your horse.  Follows on Texas being the number 1 state in the sale of pickup trucks. We found something bigger to drive.

  What I find surprising is that the female that was driving the Lexus SUV is now the driver of the HV2.

  Saw a bumper sticker the other day that went something like this;
  "Our troops are in Iraq so your HV2 can get 10 miles per gallon.