[Coco] OT -- Language in US

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 22 12:09:11 EST 2003

At 07:49 AM 12/22/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, I have to place myself in that "Southern American Hick" category
>somewhat. My accent gives it away, but I do speak pretty normal, just with
>a bit of a drawl (I've met a couple of you at CoCofests way back I'm
>sure). No offense taken though.

Without a single shred of doubt, Southerners have much better manners.  And
if you live in the country areas of the South, you'll even become
accustomed to seeing somebody raise their hand off of their steering wheel
briefly as you pass them.  That's called a wave.  And when you get them
from a policemen, well... you know you're in a good part of the
country.  That doesn't mean the same policeman won't do his job next week
and pull you over for speeding.  The courtesy and hospitality of the South
is probably too much for some yankees, maybe even giving them a sick
stomach. :)  Likewise, somebody from the South would probably never adapt
to the ways up North, etc.  Hey, this is what makes life so good.  It's
good when people stir around.

>You DO know the difference between a yankee and a DY, right? Yankee is a
>visitor, DY bought a house and plans to stay...  ;>

Heheheheheh.

Roger Taylor