[Coco] Y2K fixes ever developed or posted?

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Sun Dec 21 03:07:44 EST 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:58:19 -0800
  "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at hotpop.com> wrote:

>I was trying to keep an old 386 box running which was
>using a very
>old version of SCO Xenix - 10 years out of date by then
>and with bad
>hardware, and I was reliably informed that it wouldn't
>handle Y2K. It
>didn't even hiccup.
>
>NM

My best (worst) memory of Y2K was that some idiot manager
had the bright idea that the best way to search for
anything that was a Y2K risk, was to have everyone in the
production area stand shoulder to shoulder and walk
through the area with the entire line stopping when ever
something at risk was found.  I and another tech went to
the VP of Production and pointed out how stupid this was.
 In the end each person was respisible for there own work
area, but we still had to list power cords and light bulbs
as items inspected. BTW, that company was actually
thinking of producing a "Y2K Sniffer" for embedded
systems, but gave up the idea because it would have been
released a month or two before Y2K.    The stupidity of
management never ceases to amaze me.

Jim