[Coco] CoCo to Apple //e serial card NULL MODEM

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Sat Dec 20 01:56:45 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Perry M Dueck" <pmdueck at shaw.ca>

> 1. Where would one locate the round 4 pin DIN connector male plugs
which
> one would use to construct a CoCo serial cable? Seems Radio Shack
no longer
> stocks them/sells them just from browsing their catalog and looking
around
> in their stores.

I saw a selection at http://www.rpelectronics.com/ last time I was
in.

358-140-1 DIN Plug - 4 PIN Inline 1.49 EA

Don't get the mini ones.

> 2. Anyone know how to construct a null modem cable which would hook
up a
> CoCo serial port to an Apple //e super serial card serial port (25
pin
> connector).  I realize that I would need a 4 pin round DIN male
plug for
> the CoCo and a DB25 pin male plug for the //e serial card, but
which wires
> would go where for proper null modem communication between the two
> computers?

The 26-3014 was the cable to use. You might see if you can find the
wiring on the RS site. The ground, in and out wires are pretty
obvious. Only the busy/status connection may need to be fiddled with.

Neil