[Coco] M.E.S.S. Printing

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Dec 19 18:37:41 EST 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 16:31, Dave Kelly wrote:
>> Gimp, meaning Graphic Image Manipulating Program, for the less
>> well informed, is the Linux equ of photoshop, and its $600
>> cheaper, as in free, comes with most linux flavors.
>
>Did you know that Gimp is available for Microsoft's OS.
>There is a very active newsgroup where some of the developers
> hangout at comp.graphics.apps.gimp

I was vaguely aware of it, Dave.  But since I don't run *any* M$
software here except for the boot roms in my coco3, that doesn't have
the exactly burning importance to me that it may have for others.

When I need a dos for x86 stuffs, there is a box of 3.5's with the
latest (free for the downloading time) drdos 7.0 sitting on the
shelf.  Funny thing, it doesn't crash like M$'s 6.2 for little or no
reason.  :-)

But its been over a year since I had disk-1 out of the box.  The only
bare metal software I've needed to run was memtest86, and it contains
its own os.  So who really, really needs even dos?  The last bios
update I put in now has its own updateing routine self-contained.

OTOH, thats good to know because I can now tell my windows useing
friends about it.  Thats a definite plus, and a wee posibility that
at some point in the future, I could hand them a knoppix cd and get
them even more interested.  I like that.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M