[Coco] Sock Master Demos

arikboke at yahoo.com arikboke at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 05:53:00 EST 2003

Roger,

--- Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
> David, Sock's demos were definately created for a real CoCo.  I've seen a
> few run okay in M.E.S.S.  Make sure you use DirectX mode and fiddle with
> the sync modes, set the frame skip to 0 since Sock exploits the video sync
> in almost every demo he has made.  M.E.S.S. needs to be able to keep up, so
> I suggest at least a 500mhz PC.

I'm using a 2GHZ equivalent AMD processor with 512MB of RAM, so I thought I was
set as far as power.  But you know, I have noticed that my other apps begin to
crawl whenever my MESS emulator is on.  I don't know if this is because MESS is
inherently processor hungry or was setup to take more timeslices (I'm new to
Win XP, having been a Mac and Win98 user for a few years now).  However, I
can't imagine an 8-bit emulator taking so much of my current processor's time.
Or maybe it's just WinDOZE, yech.

(snip)
> If you're doing all this on a PC from M.E.S.S., the imgtool.exe utility is
> great.  Please see imgtool.txt if it still exists for a list of options for
> doing all of this.

Ok, seems I gotta figure stuff out with IMGTOOL, but this won't be easy because
I have discovered that some of their info relevant to cocos is wrong :(
Thanks.

Sincerely,
David