Flamage Re: [Coco] Nitros9 3.2.0 6809L2 on real hardware

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Dec 19 05:00:21 EST 2003

>Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:00:03 -0800
>From: Ray Watts <rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net>

>Since I have been running them this way for about 14 years, I obviously
>did not have NitrOS-9 at my disposal.

And if you wanna go back into history like that, I downloaded the vdg
window descriptors from RTSI way back.  So?  The lack of additional
vdg windows was a bug that has long-since been fixed.  Wake up and
smell the hot CoCo, we're heating it with NitrOS!

>There are many CoCo people out there who are not into emulation, or,
>into the methods of converting .dsk images into CoCo disks and I
>happen to be one of them.

Now, don't be accusing me of being into emulation.  It makes me
angry.  And I'm NOT a nice person when I'm angry.

I use the real hardware and I'm proud of it.  I never read any of the
posts about MESS, or MAME, or Collyer/Jeff V's emulators.  If all the
emulators went away, I'd be perfectly happy with the situation.

>In fact, if anyone can explain how to use the .dsk conversion and
>manipulation tools on Mac Sys OS 9.1, I would be eternally greatful.
>The only access I have to a command line is through Applescript.  I
>have unsuccessfully tried this several times.

Use a real OS?

If you can transfer the .dsk images onto a CoCo OS-9 disk there are
good tools to deal with them there.  But you already know all about
them, right?  After all, they're all on RTSI.  Have been for years.

Besides, you're not into that sort of thing, right?

"Into emulation," indeed.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA