[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Ouch!

john donaldson jadonaldson at charter.net
Wed Dec 17 14:43:59 EST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:31:10 -0500
  Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>On Wednesday 17 December 2003 12:32, Neil Morrison wrote:

    Try this for size. I was sent over to England to
investigate a problem with a off-shore 35 MegaWatt Power
Plant. When I got there I noticed that they were replacing
ALL of the switch gear and cleaning up from a good fire
that the melted switch gear had started.
    It took me two days going thru printouts and logs to
determine that they got the power plan running and when
they
closed the main breaker, the switch gear went BOOM.
Someone
forgot to unswitch the output from the GROUNDING
TRANSFORMER. 14,400 VAC, 3 Phase, 2000 AMPS/phase
It even said so on the CRT Screen. Also the safety
circuits
had been bypassed. Heads rolled on that one.

John Donaldson