[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Ouch!

Davey Brain dsbrain at neosplice.com
Wed Dec 17 06:38:44 EST 2003

Neil Morrison wrote thusly:
> I recall learning to repair tube radios and digging wires wrapped
> around terminals out of hot solder. When the iron slips, you gouge
> yourself across the other hand with hot solder and the iron. Hey, I
> did learn not to do that.
>
> Neil

OK, I've had quite a few run-ins with hot irons but I'll relate my worst
one. My biggest "ouch!" was the night I stayed so late at my shop
working on a VCR I fell asleep. I slowly fell over and my left cheek hit
my hot soldering iron. That woke me up! I'm grateful it was only a 15W
iron and not a 40W one, but I still had a good mark that ended up
peeling to raw skin. It took almost 2 months to heal.

Now want to hear about the day I thought I had the right breaker off
when I changed an outlet (hint: screwdriver burned in half)? Or the time
I HADN'T properly discharged a high voltage cap on an old 25" tube TV
(hint: when I woke up I walked the 10 feet back to the TV). Or the time
I touched the yoke on a monitor and it WASN'T unplugged (hint: similar
result). Oh, the joys of hardware. I'm glad most stuff is 5V or less now...
--
Davey Brain
dsbrain at NOSPAM!neosplice.com or

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
act."-George Orwell

Gigabyte 7VKML AMD Athlon 1700XP+ Savage 4 AGP 4X 32M
This eCS-OS/2 system uptime is 18 days 18 hrs 39 mins and 30 secs

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: