[Coco] Y2K fixes ever developed or posted?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 02:49:05 EST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 12:56 am, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Yes, we'll all be dead, and so will the hardware Alex.  We are now
> getting into the far end of the bathtub curve that represents the
> dependability of an IC.  For instance, I think I've lost a gate in my
> disto SC-II, it now thinks drive 2 is drive 0 and drive 3 is drive 1.
> Other controllers I've tried don't have that problem.  In another 30
> years, the survival rate of our beloved coco's will be down to sub
> one percent of the original production.

Emulators.  Remember the emulators.  Yes, original hardware dies.  But
unlike ourselves (depending on worldview), our creations have
non-physical components that can live forever.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe.  They
hold that the accumulation of money is a great evil and burden to the
soul.  They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their
unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the
risk to innocent people.           -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_