[Coco] Nick's Survey results

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Dec 15 16:19:26 EST 2003

Peak

During the early 80's the 6809 was a major player in the embedded processor
market. Lot of pinball machines were based off this product. Mototora was late in
trying to introduce a computer based on the 6809 and it never was released. Based
on the 6809 with

6845 VDC,
NEC765 FDC,
the 68488 GPIB contropller chip,
6844 DMA controller,
32K of video ram and
up to 128K of program ram
two serial ports
one parallel port for printer
built in monitor (B&W)

Would run TCS Flex09 which I have on 8 inch floopies
OS9 Level 1
Basic09 compiler.

One big mainboard computer about 8.5 in by 14 inch Probably to replace the old
6809 Exercisor system. I remember those well. Back up your 8 inch floopies daily.
The origianal Remec(?) drives just on occasion would like to eat floppies for a
snack. Especially when power glitched. I saw a person's whole days work destroyed
while saving to disks in the middle of a power glitch. Never a pretty sight to see a
grown person cry. Oh the good ole days before uninterruptable power supplies.

james

james