[Coco] Y2K fixes ever developed or posted?

David dbree at duo-county.com
Mon Dec 15 14:09:48 EST 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 10:27:27PM -0500, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/14/03 12:04:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> daveekelly at earthlink.net writes:
>
> > On the MM1, OS9 has several modules that need patching.
>
> The only MM/1 item I've patched is Make, which really cares about which files
> are newer than others.
>
> However, when sorting files by age, as in
>     dir -e ! qsort -2
> it is a pain to have the "1903" files sorted in a group "older" than the 1999
> ones.
>
> Easiest fix is to find an excuse to edit or update all your files, so they're
> all in the same century (1900 - 1903 on the MM/1).
>
> But if someone knew how to patch the Setime utility (or whatever it's
> called), and DIR, I would try to apply it.  --Mike K.

There's a setimex utility on RTSI, I believe it is, that will take care
of setime.  An option or two call the stock setime, I believe it is, but
it at least allows input for Y2k.

There is a set of patches for Dir and RBF, I believe it is, from Dave(?)
Simon's website in Germany(?)  The website is callled Simontek, or some
such.  You can do a google group search for author Simon on comp.os.os9,
and that should get his website.  I think he posts the URL in each
message he sends.

I have the patches here somewhere if you can't find them.