[Coco] Re: Nick's Survey results

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 23:19:27 EST 2003

Hello Roger

> My own little idea I have up my sleeve is to interconnect 2 or 3 CoCo
> motherboards and have some
> pretty smart software on ROM in each one.  8 or 16k ROM Paks can be
> inserted or perhaps the
> 32k ROM on board can be replaced.
>
> Ways to connect the CoCo boards are endless. You could do a serial link, a
> cassette audio port transfer, or even simulate multiple serial ports by
> using the joystick button signals, although I would want to save those for
> inputs. That's 4 switch detectors without any hardware hacking, and 4 ADC
> lines.
>
> A simple protocol can be used to talk between CoCo's to send command and
> status messages, just like
> we talk to floppy controllers, speech/sound paks, or any other device.
>
> Each board could have a totally different set of tasks, or each board
> could share the same tasks somehow to get things done quicker.
>
> I wouldn't dare strip down a CoCo 3.  An old 16k CoCo 2 would be
> perfect.  More memory will definately
> not hurt, either.  :)

I saw an article in the Rainbow about using an older CoCo2 as a print
buffer/spooler for a CoCo3. The only problem I see with your sugesstion is
the amount of space these boards would take up..

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                         _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard