[Coco] PBJ C-C Bus and EPROM Burners?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Dec 15 00:02:56 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/14/03 11:04:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rtaylor at bayou.com writes:

> That kind of casing sounds like my old Disto Mini Controller.  When the
>  package arrived and I opened that box looking for a top-notch HQ disk
>  controller, and out came this puny little excuse for a cartridge case, I
>  was not very happy.

That must have been a later era of Disto.  All the stuff I bought from them
came in white-enameled metal cases, screwed together.

I do remember some flimsy cream-plastic Paks from other makers, though.  Does
not instill confidence, and does not with radio interference either.

I have a Word-Pak 80, but forget whether it was Disto or PBJ.  Pretty sure
it's in a metal case, though.  ISTR the later, Radio Shack Word Pak was plastic.
 --Mike K.