[CoCo] 720kb vs 1.4mb 3.5" disks

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 01:59:04 EST 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 09:07 pm, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

> Yes, and Linux insists on the same thing if not properly exited.  And
> that includes using Ctrl-Slt-Delete too.  Only OS-9 is capable of
> booting right back up after a power-down or reset.

Hmm.  Almost every Linux setup I've had for over a decade, Ctrl-Alt-Del
triggers a regular shutdown as though it had been issued from the
command line by root.  A hardware reset switch is a different bucket of
bait if the machine has one.  I've dealt with some laptops with no
reset switch and a "software controlled" power switch where the _only_
way to get out of a freeze was to pull both the plug and the battery.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

The Yen Buddhists are the richest religious sect in the universe.  They
hold that the accumulation of money is a great evil and burden to the
soul.  They therefore, regardless of personal hazard, see it as their
unpleasant duty to acquire as much as possible in order to reduce the
risk to innocent people.           -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_