[Coco] Re: optimizing

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Dec 10 01:04:00 EST 2003

At 12:28 AM 12/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/9/03 7:22:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:
>
> > Heck, if I want it optimized, I do it in asm in the first place.  I
> >  have that same degree from the University of Hard Knocks, hanging on
> >  the wall right above me.
>
>1. Make it.
>2. Make it work.
>3. Make it work fast.
>4. Make it fit.
>5. Make it bug-free.
>
>where (5) is in play during all steps, and (3) and (4) may need to be
>reversed in order.
>Not that a PhdD in CS and writing 3 versions of UltiMusE gives me any right
>to tell Roger how to program.  No, that's not a joke.  --Mike K.

One of my big things is to think "bug free" the whole time.  And I don't
own a silly debugger.  How in the HELLO-world-of-assembly can a debugger
find out why my program is crashing.  If it can do this, then I want it to
finish writing it and shrink wrap it for me, as well.

har har, oh my ribs

Roger Taylor