[Coco] Feedback on NitrOS-9 V3.2.0

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Dec 9 18:50:00 EST 2003

Gene,

fdformat comes with the older fdutils package that is part of the Linux
distribution (at least on RedHat).

Don't use superformat.  It seems to be useful to format PC disks only.
Stick with fdformat.  Even if it says "40 tracks, 9 sec/track" it is
still formatting at 256 byte sectors.

It seems as though your format did work, but you probably hosed the
disk with superformat.  I'll email you the fdformat program that I have
on my RedHat box; hopefully it will work for you.  Just redo the
setfdprm and fdformat commands then do :

dd if=nos96309l2v030200_ds40_1.dsk of=/dev/fd0

And see what happens.  If no errors occur, then put the disk in your
CoCo and see if it will boot.

Boisy