[Coco] [Color Computer] Update: Inkey for Microware C...

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 15:50:18 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/9/03 12:58:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

>  believe you'll need to setup a setstt call to shut off the console
>  echoing, or do the equ in your program of calling 'tmode -echo'
>  before the fflush, and another to 'tmode echo' immediately after the
>  printf statement do when its done you have a cli that echos what you
>  type again.

Right, Gene.  Actually, you may be better off to keep echo mode off for the
entire run of your app, and take full responsibility for all echoing, when you
want it.  That turns out to be less error-prone than expecting the system to
echo for you sometimes, and not other times.  In UME I do all echoing, since I
don't usually want it.  I disable system echo on startup and restore it on
exit.

>  Don't carve that in stone though, its been a while since
>  I've coded in C.  I *think* thats "system 'tmode -echo'" without the
>  dbl quotes IIRC, somebody rescue me here, puleaze!  I know it can be
>  done, I've done it, but that was years back up the log.

Yep,
     system("tmode -echo");
does the job, and upon exit repeat it without the '-' sign.  --Mike K.