[Coco] Re: FLEX+ runs on a COCO3

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 9 11:34:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 11:00, Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:
>On Dec 9, 2003, at 5:07 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Anyone who has written something for the amiga can submit it to
>> that archive if you can get past Urban Meullers super fussy
>> submission format.  I submitted the last working version of
>> ghostscript, version 5.10 (thats got iridium dust on it now) which
>> had full ps level 2 and pdf 1.2 support in it, which takes about 4
>> or 5 seperate files to satisfy whats PD and whats copyright
>> Artofsoft but freely compileable on anything with a decent
>> compiler.
>
>I've got a copy of ghostscript 7.x running on my A1200.  I don't
>remember where I picked it up.  Possibly on GeekGadgets, but I'm not
> so sure.

Thats great Theodore.  I'm glad someone managed to bring that up into
the 21st century.  It's a cast iron bear to get it to compile useing
SAS/C, I finally gave up on it although I used it for a lot of other
stuff, and it wasn't exectly fun when the GeekGadgets gcc was still
stuck at 2.7.1 or something.  Lots of sneaky little workarounds were
required.  Humm, later ones have taken the pdf support out and tossed
that into xpdf's lap, where a pdf is first converted to a .ps and
then shuffled off to ghostscript.  It only makes the file 10x bigger
in some cases, so disk space to buffer the conversion can get tight.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M