[Coco] Re: Three classic BASIC game books on the Web

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 8 00:54:00 EST 2003

At 12:21 PM 12/7/2003 -0800, you wrote:
I'll stand down from comedy for a while.  My messages don't quite carry the
same humor as similar messages posted by others.  But then again, I'm not
known to be a clown, so I understand why mine always come across as being
100% serious.  Take care guys.

>Hey Roger,    I got it!  Didn't even need the emoticon!  Does that make me
>a misfit, also????  LOL
>
>Griz

Sounds normal to me.

With online chat, depending on your style of English, you could be "seen"
as an a-hole or not one.  Once people create a false image of you, there's
nothing you can do, ever.  We create false images of people in our heads
because we never see their face and messages don't have facial expressions.

The closest thing to this behavior is picking a random sentence from a
novel and holding it against the author (forever) if it doesn't sound all
that amusing.  You might not even buy his books....

Speaking of not buying an author's books....
The reason I think Stephen King is not talented at all is because all of
his movies are silly, and all based around special effects.  So he sells
more books.  And everyone tells you that his books are better than the
movies.  Ya reckon??!?

:>)    <-- hey, a new one, a cone nosed smiley

:-(    <--- paycheck was late this week

:-)    <--- I actually have a nose, as opposed to the next one

:)   <--- this guy has no nose in real life, according to some readers

;)    <--- I hope we're all in on the humor

cheers
{Roger Taylor}