[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Inkey for Microware C Compiler

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 22:20:09 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/7/03 6:10:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mannequin at primary.net writes:

>  KnudsenMJ-YDxpq3io04c at public.gmane.org wrote:
>  > mannequin-n6Ta2snkUAvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org writes:

Geez!  What's adding those spam-style character strings to our addresses when
quoting us?  Must be the portal from the email reflector to the Netnews page.
Or is that crud added to make our addresses harder to harvest?

>  > > Does anyone know of a way to use Inkey (or make one) that can be

>  > BTW, the existence of the stat call in step (1) is a major superiority
>  > of OS-9 over UNIX or Linux in this regard, where a paragraph of
>  > garbage code is required to do a non-blocking read.  That's probably
>  > why the standard C I/O lib lacks such a call.
>
>  Yeah, I've had experience with such a beast under Linux. Garbage code is
>  a very appropriate name for it. :)

Glad you agree.  Once some *NIX guru hotly denied that it was hard to do, and
to prove it he posted about 20 lines of ungodly ioctl() statements.

I'll work on getting that code posted.  --Mike K.