[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 Editor and NitrOS-9 Download

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Dec 7 17:22:00 EST 2003

David Hazelton wrote:

> Wasn't there a an micro-emacs for the Coco,  I believe that was what I
> used, since I too was a emacs user...in my VAX days.  I hated EVE.

The default settings of EVE made no sense, it was obviously for an IBM
PC keyboard layout, which no platform that EVE ran on at the time used.

Most people quickly changed the EVE to use the EDT keyboard layout and
later that became a built in feature.

For an OpenVMS editor, EVE with a the EDT keyboard is quite easy to use
and quite versitile.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only