[Coco] Re: 8" drive to 5.25" replacement?

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 11:08:00 EST 2003

Hello Gene

Hehe.. But it sure does work good on my A4000 still today. 8-) I just wish I
could figure out way my Amithlon setup refuses to connect to the internet.
It sees my router just fine via telnat, but I have not been able to go any
further. No problems with the real Amiga or my two PCs (Winblows or Linux)
doing it though <sigh>. I need to get my business off that poor old 13 year
old hardware.

<snip>

> But lemme tell you that the 150 format is a ticklish pickle, thats
> awfully slow under the read heads and the signal coming back from the
> disk is very, very weak.  I've looked at it on a scope and marveled
> that the data decoder could find good data in all those timing
> wobbles.
>
> Cheers, Gene
> AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M
> Athlon1600XP at 1400mhz  512M
> 99.27% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly
> Yahoo.com attornies please note, additions to this message
> by Gene Heskett are:
> Copyright 2003 by Maurice Eugene Heskett, all rights reserved.

Regards
--
Cruisen                                                         _|_
              on AutoPilot with an Amiga   ---o-( )-o---   and a CoCo

                                             Richard