[Coco] coco OS9 boot ROM

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Dec 5 22:44:00 EST 2003

Bob

There is a file on RSTI that tells how to patch  REL to place it in a eprom on the disk
controller. That way OS9 will boot from /d0 at power up.

The way I understand how it works is the DOS command finds REL on the disk and
loads it into ram. Then REL finds OS9p1 and loads it into ram and away we go!

To replace the RSBASIC ROM will take a rewrite of REL. Would have to do some
simple bios type functions and basic initialization. Then put in Boot device order and
have to seek and find OS9p1 module.

I guess one could make it plug and pray!

I know it can be done as the Motorola Pagewriter 2000 boots os9 from a flash rom.

james