[Coco] Nick's Survey results

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Fri Dec 5 14:18:00 EST 2003

This has been done....The SuperBoard and SuperIDE cards have the FLASH option.
The keyboard....Even though it might be a good idea, it will only work with
a patched RSdos or NitrOS-9. Boisy has already done this for the up coming option
of the PS/2 port on the SuperBoard. The problem is that when you do not have
backwards compatibility all of the old software will not work. So unless you
aren't going to run old software and just the new CoCo software being produced
today, you will be frustrated. Even with patches to the RS routines yoou will
still have programmers that talked to the hardware directly. That is why we
selected the platform that we did.

???? Did that make sense??? The polling method is a burden for sure.

Regards,

Mark