[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 1, Issue 309

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sun Dec 28 17:18:31 EST 2003

For the "magazines" I publish (published in the case of "the world of 68'
micros"), I always asked for 1) first publication rights, limited to a max of
six months (if I didn't publish in six months, the author could publish
elsewhere, sometimes as little as 90 days), and 2) rights to
publish/republish in whole or part with no time limit. I did not, however,
ask for copyright or anything exclusive past the first six months or agreed
upon time period, just a "right of publication" as outlined above. So the
author retained copyright, I just had permission to use the material once it
was submitted. The author could do anything with his work. This is simple and
served my purposes as well as reasonably served the author.
--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent