[Coco] term_vdg term_40 term_80 iniz window update

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 17 10:01:01 EST 2003

To anyone interested in the comments about being unable to initialize
windows within a script file, here is an update. This bug was most
definitely present in some recent NitrOS-9 releases. If you are having a
problem with this, either manually enter iniz w# where # is your window
of choice or read further.

Because of a recent thread on this bug, I have done more testing. I used
the latest NitrOS-9 release 3.02 and the latest MESS release 0.77. The
test consisted of booting into a vdg /Term and running the stock
window.t80s from the Tandy LevelII disk and also adding the following
lines to the Startup file:
iniz w7
shell i=/w7&

The bug is no longer present for me. Both the window.t80s and modified
Startup resulted in the creation of an 80 column text window; no crashes
of any type.

That this bug is gone is news to me as I had not been able to squash it
while revising cc3io, windint, and grfdrv. However, during the final
stages of proofreading for the 3.02 release, some synergy of effort
removed this bug. I can no longer reproduce it and consider it fixed.