[Coco] Disk drive questions?

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Wed Dec 3 02:54:00 EST 2003

Hi All!

Spent some time re-reading the manuals and realize I
should have done a better job of reading them the first
time through, cause I think I would have stuck with the
CoCo longer instead of abandoning it for the Atari ST I
got long ago.

One thing I noticed while going through the exercises in
the manual, was once I wound down, and started powering
off everything, I noticed that the back of the drive,
where the power supply is, was warmer than what I would
have expected it to be.  Then again, this IS 20 year old
technology that hasn't been powered up for some time.  Any
thoughts?

I'd also like to ask again, how easy is it to drop a 3.5"
drive into a system.  I know I have the answer some where
in the thousands of emails I have saved, but I thought I'd
save time and ask here.  Any pointers?

I know that someone has said that the maximum number of
drives in a system is 3, though in the manual, it says the
maximum drive number is 3, so if you start with 0, my
logic says you can have 4 drives total.  Is it possible to
have two different drive controllers in an MPI and toggle
between them?

BTW, after all the typing, I now realize how good we got
it now on current systems.  Boy, do I sure miss the "up
arrow" key.  Cheers!

Jim

PS: Anyone heard from Carl Boll lately?