[ From Butch Ross ] Upcoming workshops (both real and virtual)

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Thu May 4 14:27:50 EDT 2023

Spring has sprung and summer is closing in fast. We're in the thick of what
I call "The Yellowing of Chattanooga." Chattanooga has some of the worst
pollen in the country, so everything has yellow dust on it right now. Too
bad too, 'cuz otherwise the weather's been perfect.
Anyway, before you know it summer will be in full swing, I got a bunch
going on. But there are three I really wanna tell you about.

STARTING THIS TUESDAY ONLINE - Practical Theory for Reasonable People.
I did this about a year ago and it was a big success EXCEPT that we did all
in one day. And even tho' it was Reader's Digest version of music theory,
it was still a bit much for one day. So we're spreading it out over three
Tuesdays (May 8th, 15th & 22nd) at 7PM EST
$15 per class all three for $40. If you sign up for all three, you'll get
two free books. Jim Miller's Theory for Mountain Dulcimer and my book
"Everything you need to know about chords." And of course, all classes will
be recorded and you access them later. Find out more and sign up here
https://www.butchross.com/theory/

May 29 - June 2 The National Dulcimer Orchestra Symposium
A week long dulcimer orchestra fest, devoted to orchestral playing with
dulcimers as the primary instrument. 3 days of workshops, rehearsals, and
performance. Featuring Ken Bloom, Joe Collins, Kirk and Judy House and me!
I've never done this before. I'm very excited about it!!!
https://orchestrasymposium.com

THIS SUMMER
I'm teaching a 3-day intensive in front of the Evart Fun Fest. Actually,
I'm teaching two! In the morning I'll be teaching a workshop geared towards
beginners, with intermediate and up classes in the afternoon. Do not think
that because the class is only half a day that you'll be getting less info
than if it were a full day class. The idea here is to load you up on info
and then give you half a day to really explore and internalize the concepts
that we're gonna learn. Classes will also be filmed. $125 per person. Learn
more and sign up here: https://www.butchross.com/evart/

Don't forget that registration is ALREADY open for QuaranTUNE 10.0
https://www.virtualdulcimerfest.com
(The Eagle eyed among you may have noticed that QuaranTUNE begins before
the Symposium ends, but don't worry we got that all covered.)

Okay that's it. I'm doing Evart, Dulcimer U and Black Mountain as well.
More on those real soon.

C-ya out there!

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro