[ From Butch Ross ] A cool thing happening tonight

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Mon Oct 31 12:37:59 EDT 2022

Chattanooga has a great summertime concert series called "nightfall." They
bring in rootsy national acts and have local bands open the shows. Once in
a while they have solo acts and when they do, they have me open. This year
they asked me to put together a trio and open a show in September. I think
they were thinking maybe bass and guitar. But instead I got a bluegrass
fiddler and a bass player/DJ and hit them with a wall of sound.

A guy here named Philip Luckey films all the opening shows with multiple
cameras and then a few weeks later premiere's them on his YouTube
"communiTV" channel. And tonight is my night!

At 7pm (EST) you can see the show I did with Emerald Butler on fiddle and
Adam Staudacher on bass and DJing (today is his birthday BTW). The fact
that they had never met before (despite being local music scene vets) is a
testament to the genre-smashing good time we had. We played lots of
stuff from "THey Should All Be THis Easy" plus songs I rarely get to play
and one I never EVER thought I'd see happen live ---especially since it
involves sampling my own voice and playing it back in real time.

Anyway, it's a free show. I ain't plugging nothing, and it's happening
tonight. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/9Q82lDZ7sCg

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro