[ From Butch Ross ] Online Workshops Coming Up and the Southern Steam Tour continues...

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Oct 4 14:07:56 EDT 2022

On October 22nd I'm teaching a couple of Beatle and Joni Mitchell workshops
online. More on that in a second.

The Southern Steam Tour continues, It's been great fun so far. Here's where
we'll be for the next couplea days...
Tonight: Phil O'Brady's - The Chattanooguys - 4848 Government St, Baton
Rouge, LA 70806
Tomorrow Night: Me Solo at the Icehouse: 14111 Airline Hwy Ste 127, Baton
Rouge, LA, United States, Louisiana
                           Lon Solo at the Renaissance Marriot: 7000
Bluebonnet Boulevard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, 70810
                           Richard with Dustin Gaspard (A John Prine
Tribute night) Rock-n-Bowl 905 Jefferson Street, Lafayette, Louisiana 70501
If you got friends in the BR area, tell 'em about us!
Thursday - The Howlin' Wolf - New Orleans ($5 cover)
Friday - Jacks on the Tracks -  Pascagoula, MS,
Saturday - Downtown Grill and Grocery, Hattiesburg, MS
Sunday Brunch gigs - Lon at Blu Jazz and Richard and I are at Hattiesburgers
You can get more info, times and locations from our website
http://chattanooguys.com

John, Paul and Joni Workshops - online Saturday, October 22.
Teaching a couple of easy, fun workshops. Somewhat based on recent events.

9:30am - Beatles "I Will" and "Please, Please Me." - Adv. Beginner and up.
"I will" was the most requested song at my KMW songs of the 60's class. I
didn't know it then, but I do now. And "Please Please Me" is just fun. "I
Will" will be a little bit of a stretch for Advanced Beginners, but you
shouldn't let that stop you. "Please, Please Me" is simpler, but you will
need a 1+ fret

11am - Rhythms Beyond 4/4 (with the Beatles) - Adv. Beginner and up.
I've taught "Rhythms Beyond 4/4" before. But this time with a twist. The
Beatles —in their infinite creativity—have played most of the time
signatures. And what better way to remember these rhythms than with songs
you know and love.

1:30 - The Tunes and Tunings of Joni Mitchell - Adv. Beginner and up.
Joni Mitchell stunned the folk world by appearing at the Newport Folk
festival last summer. We'll take a look at the four dulcimer tunes on
"Blue" as well as Big Yellow Taxi.

You can sign up for the workshops by going here: www.butchross.com/jpjoni
Workshops are a suggested donation of $15 for one or all three for $40. The
Paypal link didn't work last time, but there are Paypal and Venmo buttons
where you can make your suggested donation.

So again, if you're in Baton Rouge or New Orleans in the next couple of
days, come on out to a show. And sign up for these workshops on Oct. 22

C-ya out there (and in here).

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro