[ From Butch Ross ] Onllne workshops and/concert, Saturday, January 7th

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Thu Dec 29 22:50:03 EST 2022

Hey Y’all!

Back by popular demand! A day of online workshops featuring the
Beatles and Joni Mitchell. Saturday, January 7th. A couple of easy,
fun workshops, somewhat based on recent events.

9:30am - Beatles "I Will" and "Please, Please Me." - Adv. Beginner and up.

"I will" was the most requested song at my KMW songs of the 60's class. I

didn't know it then, but I do now. And "Please Please Me" is just fun. "I

Will" will be a little bit of a stretch for Advanced Beginners, but you

shouldn't let that stop you. "Please, Please Me" is simpler, but you will

need a 1+ fret

11am - Rhythms Beyond 4/4 (with the Beatles) - Adv. Beginner and up.

I've taught "Rhythms Beyond 4/4" before. But this time with a twist. The

Beatles —in their infinite creativity—have played most of the time

signatures. And what better way to remember these rhythms than with songs

you know and love.

1:30 - The Tunes and Tunings of Joni Mitchell - Adv. Beginner and up.

Joni Mitchell stunned the folk world by appearing at the Newport Folk

festival last summer. We'll take a look at the four dulcimer tunes on

"Blue" as well as Big Yellow Taxi.

Then at 7pm there`ll be an online concert. Over at the Mountain Arts
Community Center, I`ll be joined by my friends Paul Hendricks on
guitar and piano and Hayley Graham on vocals. Hayley will be singing
the Joni MItchell songs plus we`ll be doing some other tunes
celebrating the depths of winter, I`m calling it `a dream of spring`
You can watch that online at the MACC`s facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/maccsignalmtn.

You can sign up for the workshops by going here: www.butchross.com/jpjoni

Workshops are a suggested donation of $15 for one or all three for
$40. There are Paypal and Venmo buttons where you can make your
suggested donation.

C-ya out there.

-Br

--
-Br
www.butchross.com

“Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like.” —Jake Shimabukuro