[ From Butch Ross ] 2 new books for Bass dulcimer, Bass Uke and Uke

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Apr 9 15:31:00 EDT 2019

First a quick reminder, the last two shows of Deeper Roots are this weekend.
April 12 - 13 @7pm

Deeper Roots: Voices and Music Inspired by Emma Bell Miles
Bachman Community Center
2815 Anderson Pike, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
View Map <
http://www.chattanoogapulse.com/locations/bachman-community-center/>
Tickets are $15 with Student and group discounts available.

The play has been going really well. And I have to say that while I've been
in the band for a fair number of plays and musicals, and even the debut of
a New Music Opera, this is one of the most rewarding musical experiences
I've had. Great writing and everybody brings their A game to what is truly
become a labor of love.

Okay onto the new books! I have two new books that I'm super happy about,
here they are.

1. The Big Little Book of 2 Chord Songs for Ukulele - $15
A diverse, eclectic and somewhat random collection of tunes with just one
thing in common; they have just two chords.Over 60 tunes that run the
gammut from Country to folk to rock to pop to kids songs, gospel and
beyond. With strumming patterns and starting pitches, as well as a playing
primer, all housed in a 4.25" x 5.5" book small enough to keep in your Uke
case. Check it out and purchase it here: http://butchross.com/stuff.html

2. the BeatleTudes Bass book - $20
A companion book for both the Beatletudes and the Ukulele Beatletudes, it
features Beatles tune bass lines arranged for Uke Bass, Dulcimer bass (both
kinds) and regular bass guitar.
Comes with downloads to the Beatles tunes transcribed. The genius of Paul
McCartney is that his bassline were so high up on the neck, and so melodic
that these songs end up sounding more like duets than plain old bass lines.
It's a great addition to any club already playing from either of my Beatle
books.
http://butchross.com/stuff.html#beatlebass

So that's what's up. A couple of cool new books. Still working on the 70's
book too as well as digitizing all my other books. More on that as it
develops.

C-ya out there.

--Br
www.butchross.com

"Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like" —Jake Shimabukuro