[ From Butch Ross ] Chattanooga: CSA Songwriiter’s Night this Thursday

News, info and tourdates for Butch Ross butchross at butchross.com
Tue Mar 6 08:49:26 EST 2018

This Thursday, 7-9pm
Chattanooga Songwriters Association
Writer’s Night
The Heritage House
1428 Jenkins Road Chattanooga, TN
Hosted by Ben Strawn
With Spencer Smith, Tim Carpenter and myself.
FREE

An intimate in-the-round house concert with great local writers.

So I changed the oil, left town to go on tour and came back and I have to
get the oil changed again. Got stuck in the “bomb cyclone” they called
Riley and spent the night in Port Jervis, NY. Drove two straight days to
get back home, and yet—next to my wife and I’s “mini moon”—it was the most
relaxed 10 days since the year started.

I really do love being on the road. While there were fewer shows than I
would have liked this time, It meant that I got to catch up with dear old
friends I haven’t seen in a long time, visited my folks and to finally put
faces to names I’ve only seen in print.

Plus, being on the road, those endless hours in the car are really good for
writing once I’ve been out for more than a week or so. In fact I wrote four
songs yesterday.

Which is good because I’m back home and on to the next adventure. Mine and
Trish’s Art of the Singer/Songwriter class starts tonight and this Thursday
I’ll be at the Heritage House playing in the round with three other
talented songwriters: Spencer Smith, Tim Carpenter and Ben Strawn, who will
also be hosting.

Okay that’s all I got time for today. I’m off to record my good friend and
great classical guitarist Hara. (Here’s us playing together:
https://youtu.be/cfbDJ53sK9o )

C-ya out there.

--
-Br
www.butchross.com

“Now I know what a dulcimer is supposed to sound like.” —Jake Shimabukuro